The Types of SEO You Need to Know.
There are typically 3 types of SEO: on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO – all of which are considered key elements that work hand-in-hand.
Creating a website requires quality content, along with SEO techniques. If you’re thinking of doing SEO but still wondering how effective it is, it’s best to start by getting to know the different types of SEO.
SEO (also known as Search Engine Optimisation) is the process of driving unpaid traffic to your website from search engines using techniques and data management to optimise your website and make it more visible to users when they search for your product or service (read more in our previous article: What is SEO?).
It’s likely you have heard of SEO before, but do you know how many types of SEO there are and how they differ? This article has got you covered!
Table of Contents
Type of SEO
Basically, there are 3 types of SEO: on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO. Here is what you need to know about each of them.
On-page SEO allows you to customise, edit, and manage your website according to Google’s rules and standards. Also, it helps Google’s Bots better understand your website content, process the results, and rank your content effectively. This method takes time to get your website to rank.
On-Page SEO Checklist
– Include your keyword in your URL. It allows Google to understand your web page more easily and boost your organic CTR (click-through rate).
– The shorter your URL, the better. Keeping your URL short will help improve your ranking on Google.
Take a look at the URL of our recently updated article, What Is SEO? It’s a great example of a short, concise, and easy-to-understand URL with the keyword included.
– Front-load your keyword in your title. It should be one of the first few words in the title.
– The keyword should be placed within the first 150 words of your content.
– Place the keyword in the header tags: H1, H2, or H3.
– Always use Alt tags for images and files. They help describe to Google what each image or file represents.
– Use synonyms and related keywords in your content.
– Add external links to your article. An external link, or a link to a different website, provides your readers with good references and boosts your article’s credibility.
– Embed internal links (links navigating to other pages on your website). Internal links allow your reader to view other related articles on your website.
Off-page SEO refers to SEO performed outside of your website to manage and optimise your site, and improve your ranking in search engine results. Building backlinks – links to your content from other websites – is an example of off-page SEO, which helps your site earn better recognition from external websites.
Off-Page SEO Checklist
– Build effective backlinks by creating and publishing content on other websites (guest posting) in which you embed your website link to grow your website traffic.
– There are many types of backlinks you can gain, such as the common backlink that mentions your brand organically or ones created by contacting the website’s publisher to ask them to embed your website link in a particular article.
– When creating backlinks, it’s important to choose quality websites to earn quality backlinks to your site.
- Social Media
– Use social media to raise awareness of your brand. Not only does it allow your brand to reach a broader target audience, but it also drives traffic to your website.
Technical SEO refers to a technical SEO process used to improve the basic structure of your website, so Google’s bots can search, collect data, and index your site more effectively. Moreover, it allows Google to easily see your website’s structure.
We hope that this article has clarified the different types of SEO, including technical SEO, on-page and off-page SEO, and why each is important. Remember, although SEO takes time and dedication, it’s surely worth the wait when your website reaches the top of the rankings.