How to Do GDN Ads
In our previous article, we got to know what GDN is. So today, we will explain how to do Google Display Network ads with a step-by-step guide, including setting an advertising budget.
To create an advertisement on Google (a Google Ad) is not hard; you simply need a Google account and a credit card. However, designing the best-performing ads can be challenging.
The Benefits of Advertising through GDN
The main advantage of GDN is that you can modify various details and define the audience you want to target, and GDN has a variety of placement formats to choose from. You can choose which advertising model you prefer: Pay-per-click or Cost per impression. You can also choose remarketing, which allows you to target the people who have previously visited your site. So, let’s get started on how to do Google Display Network ads.
A Step-by-step Guide on How to do GDN Ads
- Log in to your Google Ads account and select “Campaigns”, then click ”+”. The menu will show “New campaign”.
- Select the goal for the campaign, which could be Sales, Leads, Website Traffic, Product and Brand Consideration, Brand Awareness and Reach, or App promotion. After selecting the goal, Google Ads will choose the ad format to match your goal. If you do not have a specific goal, click “Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance”, and all Google Ad formats will be displayed.
- After that, select a campaign type and click on “Display”, fill in the URL for the landing page, create the campaign name and click “Continue”.
- Next, you will get to the campaign settings page. You can select your target audience’s locations and language here, then click “Next”.
- Enter the following:
- Daily spending limit
- The focus of your bidding. For example, if you want to increase traffic or conversions, Google will suggest a Cost-Per-Click model. Or, if you want to create awareness, then use Cost per 1000 impressions or CPM, which denotes the price of 1,000 advertising impressions.
- Enter your bid amount for the ads. Google will estimate the price for your consideration. However, if you can’t decide how much to spend, you can also choose automated bidding or bid strategy.
- Optimised targeting is a significant part of GDN. Google allows you to select the gender of your target audience and decide whether or not to target those who are interested in similar products or services. You can also select which websites display your ads.
- Select the desired ad format. Upload your banner or video ad, and then click “Next”. Verify the details are correct, then hit “Publish Campaign”. You’ve now successfully set up GDN ads!
Doesn’t it seem easy after learning how to do GDN step by step? You simply enter a few details, and then Google will start displaying your ads to your target audience. However, there are many subtleties to Google Display Network ads that can be the difference between success and failure for your ads. For example, you must ensure you’re selecting the right target audience, creating attractive and captivating ads, and optimising your landing page to encourage visitors to carry out your desired action. Google Display Network ads are very simple when you know how!