How to Fix iOS 15’s Facebook Messenger Bugs
Facebook’s chat application is primarily a communication tool, but it can also be a great tool for driving revenue and growing your business. However, after updating to iOS 14 or 15, many notice that they no longer receive Facebook Messenger notifications, which is clearly a big issue, especially for businesses that rely on it.
The Impact on Businesses
As we’ve mentioned, Facebook Messenger is an important tool for businesses because of the high volume of people who use the social media platform. Facebook Messenger allows businesses to interact with customers efficiently and quickly, so not receiving notifications can mean big problems for many reasons, including:
- It creates a delayed response to customers seeking quick information or those wishing to order products.
- It creates distance between the customer and the brand, which can leave customers with a negative impression of the customer service offered.
- The brand loses the opportunity to close the deal, and the customer will likely buy from another brand instead.
- The brand loses the opportunity to expand its customer base because it cannot communicate with customers in a timely fashion.
How to Fix Facebook Messenger on iOS 15
The Facebook iOS 15 bug seems to result in Facebook Messenger notifications not showing if your screen is locked. To fix this issue:
- Click “Settings” and select “Notifications”
- Click “Show Previews”
- Change setting to “Always”
- If you follow the above instruction and the notification is still not working, go back to the settings and click “Messenger Application”
- Click “Allow Notifications” and switch on the notification or alerts
- Scroll down and click “Show Previews”
- Change the setting to “Always” (Default)
The above easy steps should fix the iOS 15 Facebook messenger bug, and your notifications should appear once again.