What Facebook Pixel Is & How To Install It Yourself
Facebook Pixel is a measurement tool that measures the effectiveness of the ads you place. This tool collects data and tracks customer behaviour, which is very useful for remarketing.
Measuring the effectiveness of your ads is essential as it helps you understand the potential of your advertising campaigns and the factors that need to be improved. Measurement tools are important weapons that marketers and business owners must learn to use. Otherwise, you could be paying for ads and never getting any useful information back. Plus, the ads potentially won’t reach your target customers.
This blog will help you understand what Facebook Pixel is and how it can be beneficial to your marketing communications. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Facebook Pixel?
What are Facebook Pixel’s functions?
Facebook Pixel’s code collects information and measures the effectiveness of your ads based on user behavior, so you can assess whether you’re doing things the right way or not. This collected data estimates the advertising results for you, showing how many potential visitors you could convert into customers.
What’s interesting is the data that Facebook Pixel collects isn’t just limited to the number of views or the total number of sales but:
- Page Views: The number of website visitors
- Add to Cart: The number of users who put items in their cart
- Purchases: The number of orders
From the above, you can see that Facebook Pixel shows valuable data. For example, you can see that you had X number of website visitors and Y number of people who put items in their cart, but only Z number made purchases. This data can then be analysed to see what needs to be adjusted to make improvements, such as the UI/UX on the website, the promotion mechanic or a website error.
4 reasons online businesses need Facebook Pixel
Reach target audience and increase your sales
Facebook Pixel helps you optimise your ads and ensure that every penny of your budget is well-spent and directly targets the right people through data collected in Facebook Analytics.
- It facilitates the remarketing of your products or services to those who have already shown an interest.
- You can create a custom audience and a lookalike audience from the data gathered after installing Facebook Pixel Code and Event Code (the code creates the action to track the audience’s behaviour).
Shares important information
Facebook Pixel tracks the target audience’s behavior after clicking an ad, including seeing if their activities match with the ad’s objective, including registering, placing an order, or subscribing to email communications.
Saves your ad budget
Facebook Pixel is free and helps you make the most of your ad budget. Running ads without any audience behaviour data can lead to you targeting the wrong people. Facebook Pixel ensures that every ad has a clear goal.
Manage data effectively
- The data that Facebook Pixel collects can be used to report Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) results to assess whether the ads were worth the investment or not.
- Use A/B testing data to evaluate the potential of different images or captions to attract and convert visitors into customers.
How to create Facebook Pixel from scratch
Create a Facebook Pixel and set a Pixel Name
- Go to Events Manager
- Click “+” to connect data sources and Select “Web”
- Select Facebook Pixel > Connect
- Choose a Pixel Name. You can only have one campaign or account with one name, so it’s best to use a name that is relevant to your business or Page.
- Enter your website URL
Installing a Facebook Pixel
A Facebook Pixel ID or Pixel ID, is a numerical ID number for accessing your Pixel that Facebook uses to remember and track information. You’ll need this code to install a Facebook Pixel.
- Check your Pixel ID by selecting: Ads Manager > Events Manager > Replug > Settings, and copy the Pixel ID.
- Click Events Manager and select a Pixel name.
- Click Continue Pixel Setup > Install code manually.
- Copy the Pixel Base Code and paste it into the website header and click Continue.
- Create an event with the Event Setup Tool or embed the Event Code manually under the Pixel Base Code.
Examples of events include searching for items, adding items to a cart, liking or adding items to your wishlist, adding an address, registering as a member, subscribing to a newsletter, etc.
Review Facebook Pixel
After Facebook Pixel is installed, you can check if your Pixel is working properly through Facebook Pixel Helper.
Facebook Pixel Helper is a tool that checks the performance of a pixel by running in the background to see if there are any problems, providing real-time feedback.
Online businesses of all types can create brand awareness and drive sales by installing Facebook Pixel. It optimises and measures ad campaign performance, enabling you to build a strategy for success and get the most out of your budget.
Don’t forget to follow Primal for useful updates and information on digital marketing to be in the know before anyone else!