What is Google My Business and how does it help customers find us?
Google My Business (now referred to as Business Profile) is a free service from Google that allows customers to search for a business or product on Google Search and Maps. You can update information about your business, including the type of business, products offered, phone number, website, opening hours, and more. It also shows customer reviews including photos. The higher your review score, the better, and the more reviewers, the greater your business’s chance of being seen.
LET’S TAKE A CLOSER LOOK. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GOOGLE MY BUSINESS?
Still wondering if it’s worth your time? Let’s take a closer look at the benefits.
- Customers can find your store more easily than ever before. All you need to do is set the store’s location using Google My Business to pin the store’s location. If a customer searches for your product or business, your shop name will appear immediately. For example, if you own a coffee shop and someone is in your area, they can search for “coffee shops near me” or “coffee shops”, and your coffee shop will appear.
- It allows you to add necessary information and details about your store, including the location, business hours, contact number, and website.
- Increases credibility and business opportunities.
- Allows you to access a new customer group. They may not have heard of your store before until they discover it by searching.
- Most importantly, it’s free! Google My Business costs nothing to operate, so it is helpful for many shops and businesses.
Now you know the facts, are you ready to apply for Google My Business? Simply open your laptop or pick up your smartphone and let’s get going!
REGISTER FOR GOOGLE MY BUSINESS AND VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY WITHIN 10 MINUTES
Follow our step-by-step guide:
- Go to https://www.google.com/business and click on the “Manage Now” button.
- Sign up and verify your identity simply by clicking on “Add your business on Google”.
- Enter your business name and business category, then press next.
- Do you have somewhere physical for customers to visit? If you want customers to see your shop on the Google Maps page, answer “yes”.
- Enter your business address details.
- If Google finds a business similar to yours, it may ask if it’s your business or not. If not, choose “This option is not correct”.
- Google My Business will then allow you to pin your location on Google Maps. You can zoom in to pin the exact location of your business.
- Then Google My Business will ask if you have a delivery service. If you have one, answer “yes”. If not, then answer “no”.
- Next, Google will allow you to add service areas, which you can include or come back and edit later.
- Then you need to add your contact information and website. Use as much detail as possible so that customers can see all of the relevant information related to your business. Think of Google My Business as a storefront that helps attract customers to your store.
- Add details about business hours, messaging, service options, business description, images, and other necessary information.
- Once all information is complete, Google will send a postcard to the address provided to verify the business. Simply enter the code received or choose the phone verification method to complete the process.
After registering for Google My Business and verifying your identity, you can manage the information, add images to your Business Profile, including a link to your advertising page of Google Ads.
This is a simple, free-of-charge way to help customers find your store and increase footfall. Keep following us for more information!